Thursday, February 11, 2010

For anyone considering taking a job that allows you to work from home, I would say "DO IT!"

I made the switch to work from home almost two years ago and I love it.

I used to spend almost 2 hours a day getting to and from work (NJ traffic being awful during rush-hour!), and about $250 per month in commuting costs (between gas and tolls). Now, I have more time and more money!!!

Being successful when working from home does take a fair amount of discipline, but being able to manage my own schedule (and not being tied to a desk for 8-10 hours a day) is great. I am able to work when I am most productive and can schedule errands and such for when I know I’ll need breaks. Now, instead of zoning out here and there talking to co-workers, I can use my ‘zone out’ time to pick up the dry cleaning, run to the grocery store or something like that, which means that at night and on the weekends, I can hang out with my family and friends.

If you have the chance, it’s definitely worth doing!

~ Anne O'Tolle

No comments:

Post a Comment